The benefits of being a member of Oz HOG
Oz HOG Melbourne is a family-oriented chapter whose members come from all walks of life and are passionate about owning and riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles and socialising with like-minded people. We have a mix of organised rides every month, including short and long rides, some overnight rides and weekends away. Our chapter rides are organised by our dedicated team of road captains with an emphasis on safe riding and having fun. H.O.G. rallies are held throughout Australia at various times through the year and many of our members attend these to represent our chapter.
Oz HOG Melbourne was founded in 1988 and is the first H.O.G. Chapter in the world outside North America!
As a member, you are entitled to attend any of our rides or social activities.
- A chapter ride on the first Sunday of every month (except January).
- A new member’s ride on the Saturday before the chapter ride.
- A 3-hour mystery ride on one Saturday most months.
- Other activities include
- Weekends away,
- State and National rallies,
- Chapter parties,
- Charity rides & events,
- Ladies of Harley (LOH)
- The Ladies of Harley aim is to encourage female members to pursue their dream of being a rider or a pillion within the world of Harley-Davidson. Oz HOG understands the importance of promoting the ladies’ participation in our Chapter whilst creating a friendly social atmosphere. While an event is labelled LOH, it does not mean it’s for ladies only.
There is a monthly meeting held on the Thursday following the monthly chapter ride. These meetings are conducted on an informal basis, covering topics of general interest and discuss all things Harley. Most people get there around 6.30pm for dinner and a yarn before the meeting starts at 7.30pm.